Council is the highest body of IAA composed of 15 members. The council elects executive committee from its members that shall serve until next congress. All major decisions of IAA are reviewed and approved by the council before execution.
POWERS AND DUTIES OF THE COUNCIL
- Approves strategic and annual plans as well as the budget of the association.
- Deliberates and decides on annual performance, financial and audit reports.
- Has authority to elect Executive Committee. Power of removing a member or members from the executive, when needed, is vested in it as well.
- Appoints an auditor, determines the emoluments due to him/her, suspends and dismisses the auditor.
- Determines where the headquarter of IAA should be and decides on the opening or closure of chapters/branches of the IAA.
- Determines the amount of membership dues/contributions and amount of penalty for delays in making membership dues.
- Decides on the Executive Committee's recommendation for membership or/and termination.
- Approves work rules, internal guidelines, procedural manuals, and directives proposed by the Executive Committee.
- Approves and amends the bylaws of the Association.
- Decides on the dissolution and winding up of the IAA.
The Executive committee is appointed by the Council from the council members. It is comprised of five members and runs day-to-day activities of the organization with the guidance of the council.
The members will be available here.
FUNCTION AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE
- Shall facilitate the formulation of policies and strategies of IAA and forward them to the council for approval.
- Shall open a bank account for IAA in compliance with the financial laws and regulations of the country
- Shall formulate annual plan and budget and seek approval of the same by the council.
- Shall regularly monitor and control the effective implementation of programs and plans of IAA.
- Shall give advice, consultation, and guidance in the development of IAA projects.
- Shall facilitate the formulation of policies and regulations of IAA, evaluate, approve, and monitor their implementation and enforcement.
- Shall monitor and ensure the implementation of directives and decisions passed by the council.
- Shall execute work rules, internal guidelines, procedural manuals, and directives proposed by the council.
- Shall develop fundraising strategies and implement them or and monitor their implementation.
IAA DIASPORA SECRETARIAT
IAA diaspora secretariat represents IAA abroad. The secretariat is elected by the diaspora members of the organization at the member general assembly. The secretariat shall have subcommittees under it. Currently it has two, namely the mobilization and finance, and media and public relations. The subcommittees and secretariat have clear division of duties, roles and responsibilities, and modes of operation.